Friday, February 17, 2012

When Nurses Attack At the Highest Levels: A Blatant Abuse of Power // Emergiblog

When Nurses Attack At the Highest Levels: A Blatant Abuse of Power

I am not a conspiracy theorist.

I am not militant.

I am not a bleeding heart, I don’t embrace every cause du jour, nor do I hop on what someone termed a “clown car of supporters” for whatever happens to run across the blogosphere on a given day.

I am as straight-arrow, by-the-book, trust-the-Establishment as you will find in this world.

So when I say that I am reeling; when I say that I would take to the streets about something that has happened…when I say that I am questioning everything I thought I knew about authority, power…and nursing…

I’m not bluffing, over-reacting or being hysterical.

Pardon my unprofessional language, but there is some bad s*** going down in Arizona.

**********

The Arizona Board of Nursing has gone from ridiculous to abusive in the Amanda Trujillo case.

It wasn’t bad enough that they felt clicking a box on a computer that would order a case management hospice consult should mean enduring:

(a) a detailed interrogation about every facet of your entire career,

(b) or that talking about your situation should lead to a psychiatric evaluation, including obtaining signed releases from all your physicians for the last six years and seeing a board appointed PhD. Yep, clicking that box meant giving up all your protected HIPAA information! I can’t repeat that enough, it’s that appalling.

But that’s old news, isn’t it?

Here’s the new stuff.

********

Amanda received a letter from her university stating they were informed by the AZBoN that her license was under investigation.

Still, old news, you say? But wait!

A Board staff member wrote a letter denying it!

Please click on the "VIA" link to read the full article.

Thank you Kim, for calling attention to Amanda's situation.

For more information on Amanda Trujillo, please visit: http://www.nurseup.com

No comments: