Saturday, February 10, 2018

Why #NursesTakeDC 2018? Jeannette Hand, RN-BC @JHandRN #NationofNurses #NursesUnite #NurseUp


Why do I participate in #NursesTakeDC?  I do it for my patients!  I work in long term care and rehab where patient loads depending on shift and facility can be as many as 60 patients for one nurse!  This is beyond stupendous!  

While I work day shift, and am not burdened with that many patients, I need to support those nurses that do.  On day shift, I have had 20+ patients.  Actually, when I worked solely long term care, I was expected to care for 30 patients!  

Nurses in hospitals and Nursing homes need to have mandated a  maximum number of patients they can care for.  It is a matter of patient safety and quite frankly a matter of patient dignity!  That is why I have participated and will continue to participate in #NursesTakeDC!


NursesTakeDC 2018 details here: 
https://4nursing.blogspot.com/2018/01/nursestakedc-safe-staffing-rally-april.html




-- 


Sincerely,

Andrew Lopez, RN
Nursefriendly National Directories
38 Tattersall Drive
West Deptford, New Jersey 08051
856-415-9617, Fax: 856-415-9618, info@nursefriendly.com, @nursefriendly
http://www.nursefriendly.com

No comments: