Daniel/Brenda Moore Nominated Expert
Profile not yet claimed my.organizedwisdom.com/mtntandem
51m, Respiratory Therapist, 64f, Retired Nurse, Married with 4 Kids, 7... Grandkids, Interested in Music, Photography, Vegetarian Cooking, Tandem Cycling,Travel Learn More
- Are you Daniel/Brenda Moore? Claim or remove your profile
This is an open letter to Organized Wisdom, and specifically to Daniel/Brenda Moore, @mtntandem and other nurses who have been "profiled" without their knowledge.
We have made a very simple request of Organized Wisdom - Notify All Your Curators, they are being profiled, and their Twitter streams harvested.
Despite our requests, they continue to stall, stonewall, make excuses - so, we've decided to do the notifications ourselves.
Did you know Organized Wisdom is looking to profit from your name, reputation and would like to keep you in the dark as long as possible?my name, my photo and drug advertising were displayed prominently. Same with yours.
So, a few questions.
1. Did you know you were profiled on Organized Wisdom? Most nurses (and doctors) contacted do not.
2. Do you consent to your name/likeness being used to promote their site? Are you OK with them selling you as an "expert"
3. Do you consent to your tweet streams, being harvested, unfiltered and added to an organization that chiefly sells drug advertising? It implies your endorsement.
4. Did you know, once submitted, your favorite sites are copied, plagiarized and their copyrights infringed upon.
5. Did you know, that as a "curator" you receive no compensation, even though Organized Wisdom makes money hand over fist from drug advertising. Can you say exploitation?
This is not a new issue, nor are the abusive, exploitative and plagiaristic practices employed by Organized Wisdom.
More Organized Wisdom Un-Fair Play, Dr. R.L.Bates:"Fellow bloggers do you remember Wellsphere? Well, the latest “thief” of our information using our reputations and twitter feeds in a similar way is Organized Wisdom. Check out @laikas recent blog post on the topic: Expert Curators, WisdomCards & The True Wisdom of @organizedwisdomhttp://rlbatesmd.blogspot.com/2011/05/more-organized-wisdom-un-fair-play.html
A discussion of the business practices we object to can be found here:
OrganizedWisdom's Twitter Hashtag #organizedwisdom
HONcode violations can be reported here if you feel you're being exploited: http://bit.ly/k8G096
More on copyright issues explained by Dr. Simon Sikorski
Healthcare Marketing Center of Excellence, Copyright Violations:"There was much debate over what is construed as Fair Use. Some are fine with OrganizedWisdom plagiarizing their websites word for word and making money off of their work.
Major concerns raised during #EndToFarms chat:
1) OrganizedWisdom not only plagiarizes but claims ownership of your work. They include -"OrganizedWisdom" next to every piece of information that has been copied from your copyrighted material
2) Just because OrganizedWisdom links to your work does not in any manner constitute "Fair Use"
3) In many cases, the doctors' own names were displayed infringing on major privacy concerns
5) The link itself is not the plagiarism we refer to. We couldn't care less about the link. What is important:"
I'll be happy to answer any questions as well.
Andrew Lopez, RN